This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this FE bug or am I missing something?
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 08:35:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Is this FE bug or am I missing something?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAB=oy5_sCPZW4v8LwFN604oQ4hPv=CO3oEpOxwTVrFGFb=DYfirstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <CAB=oy5_C5Kss-87VneNr9Ts6Lm70uvBPRj=VLFvCdRmjihvWzg@mail.gmail.com>
On 12/09/16 20:41, Igor Shevlyakov wrote:
> It would be beneficial to make the behaviour consistent between
> those 2 cases.
You've got two cases of undefined behaviour. What benefit
is there from making two cases of UB consistent with each other?
It's not worth the effort of changing the compiler or of slowing
it down for even a nanosecond to achieve spurious "consistency",