This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Lessons learned from compiler error/warnings tests
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 14:28:54 +0200
- Subject: Lessons learned from compiler error/warnings tests
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
For compile-time fortify checks (such as the wrappers for type-safe
open/openat), we need to add tests in glibc which examine the compiler
output for warnings and errors.
I do not want to add Dejagnu as a dependency to the glibc test suite,
but I wonder if you could share any lessons learned from the testing
support facility in GCC.
Would you suggest to mirror the GCC directives exactly?
I probably have to implement the testing directive parser as a small C