Using LTO-enabled libgfortran

What would it take to use an LTO-enabled version of gfortran?

It could turn out to be quite useful for speeding up programs,
especially where I/O or array intrinsics are used.

I also expect many issues to surface where libgfortran is
playing with types in a way that could break LTO, so I
would not expect this to be an easy thing.

So, ideas anybody?  I don't think any other library included
with gcc does this, correct?

Regards

	Thomas