This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFD] Extremely large alignment of read-only strings
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd dot de>
- Cc: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 16:40:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [RFD] Extremely large alignment of read-only strings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine.BSM.4.64L.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.LNX.email@example.com> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.email@example.com>
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Dixi quod?
> >Alexander Monakov dixit:
> >>First of all, I think option -malign-data=abi (new in GCC 5) addresses your
> >>need: it can be used to reduce the default (excessive) alignment to just the
> >>psABI-dictated value (you can play with this at https://gcc.godbolt.org even if
> >Ah, nice!
> ? except -malign-data=abi is, apparently, cris-only.
ITYM "i386-only". I see "malign-data=" in
(Not sure why the CRIS port was mentioned at all.
There's no option named "-malign-data=abi" for
cris-*; the closest is an option named "-mdata-align".)