This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[avr] fno-caller-saves and regression tests
- From: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>, gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 11:03:55 +0530
- Subject: [avr] fno-caller-saves and regression tests
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Turning off -fcaller-saves for AVR makes the testcase I had for PR 71873
pass unless I explicitly add -fcaller-saves to force the compiler to
generate the triggering insn patterns.
Wonder if we should modify the existing test cases in gcc.target/avr to
be tested both ways (with and without caller saves)? At least the
register allocation related ones probably won't catch regressions.