Re: [GCC Steering Committee attention] [PING] [PING] [PING] libgomp: In OpenACC testing, cycle though $offload_targets, and by default only build for the offload target that we're actually going to test

On 4 August 2016 at 21:34, Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 August 2016 at 21:27, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Manuel Lpez-Ibñez <lopezibanez@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> none? for libiberty, no regular maintainer for build machinery,
>>
>> Perhaps this is a sign that I should step down as maintainers for those?
>
> I don't see how that helps. Neither my message nor Thomas's is a
> criticism of people. The question is how to get more people to help
> and how to improve the situation. For sure, everybody is doing the
> best that they can with the time that they have.

Another question is how to help existing maintainers such that they
are more motivated to review patches. Is it a lack of time? lack of
Interest in the project? do patches simply fall through the cracks? is
it a dead-lock of people waiting for each other to comment?

There were some comments by Richard and Eric here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-04/msg00736.html
but they do not seem to apply in this case.