Re: [libiberty] does anyone use regex.c with REGEX_MALLOC?

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, Aldy Hernandez wrote:

> BTW, does this libiberty replacement project also fix binutils and gdb, or
> will these other libiberty users require independent patches for their
> respective projects?

GDB is already making extensive use of gnulib (I don't know to what extent
it still depends on anything from libiberty).  I think it would make sense
for binutils to do so as well - on the general principle that the GNU
project as a whole only needs one such portability / utility library and
it's best for the efforts on such a library to go in one place so they
benefit as many GNU programs as possible - but that's not part of this
project.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com