Re: Two suggestions for gcc C compiler to extend C language (by WD Smith)

And hell, GCC already includes a lot of really really obscure builtin
functions which
are one hell of a lot less common & useful than multiply-hi&lo.
I merely cited div(a,b) because it was one of the least obscure among them.
How about freaking "isgraph" and "_mm_set1_epi32"?

I mean how can you justify building them in, but not this?
You cannot.  And that isn't because I failed to "learn basic principles about
language design."

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org  <-- add your endorsement (by clicking