This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Two suggestions for gcc C compiler to extend C language (by WD Smith)
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Warren D Smith <warren dot wds at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 15:50:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Two suggestions for gcc C compiler to extend C language (by WD Smith)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAJP7Y3cHYEOpdhZUXF1PZAJ=vkKoozRiPgwm2V_jH_T63XTKw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdRrmRWARhbcqWbqV07Y=SZp+Hsiv5-42y2k28CHqP4+UQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAJP7Y0oRZmE4qS=shs4m7EWjWK2RfZdK2NSe1Kx1ZUT6W=QZw@mail.gmail.com>
On 26/07/16 15:37, Warren D Smith wrote:
> --the reason I am suggesting this to this forum, is I probably am not capable of
> recoding GCC myself.
> Why not learn from your own history, and do that again, with these two
> (And in the case of uint4_t, it actually would not even BE an
> "extension" since as I said,
> the standard already allows providing other sizes.)
Does your history tell you that sarcasm and abuse works as a way to
get people to do what you want?