This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Two suggestions for gcc C compiler to extend C language (by WD Smith)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Warren D Smith <warren dot wds at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:42:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: Two suggestions for gcc C compiler to extend C language (by WD Smith)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAJP7Y3cHYEOpdhZUXF1PZAJ=vkKoozRiPgwm2V_jH_T63XTKw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdRrmRWARhbcqWbqV07Y=SZp+Hsiv5-42y2k28CHqP4+UQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAJP7Y0oRZmE4qS=shs4m7EWjWK2RfZdK2NSe1Kx1ZUT6W=QZw@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016, Warren D Smith wrote:
> (And in the case of uint4_t, it actually would not even BE an
> "extension" since as I said,
> the standard already allows providing other sizes.)
Only sizes which are an integer number of bytes with no padding bits.
Joseph S. Myers