Re: Thread-safety of a profiled binary (and GCOV runtime library)

Martin Liška <mliska@suse.cz> writes:

> I'm also surprised about it :) Let's start without invention of a new flag, I'll work on that.

You definitely need a new flag: atomic or per thread instrumentation
will almost certainly have significant overhead (either at run time
or in memory). Just making an existing facility a lot of slower
without a way around it is not a good idea.

BTW iirc there were patches from google on this a few years back.
May be still in some branch.

-Andi