This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libiberty] does anyone use regex.c with REGEX_MALLOC?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 20:16:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: [libiberty] does anyone use regex.c with REGEX_MALLOC?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016, Jeff Law wrote:
> I'll pre-approve removing those bits. Alternately, you could look to resync
> with glibc, though that could prove painful after 15 years of divergence.
The current glibc implementation is completely different; the libiberty
version was replaced in glibc many years ago. Obsolete libiberty by
gnulib for all its users and you get a portable version of the current
glibc regex that way....
Joseph S. Myers