Re: ubsan and Dejagnu not having a big enough buffer in some cases

On 07/20/2016 02:21 PM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:48:09PM +0530, Senthil Kumar Selvaraj wrote:
I see this for some of the larger C frontend tests with lots of expected errors/warnings as well.

I also see this for tests with small output, but it happens more
often for tests with big output.

Are you guys getting this everytime or is it sporadic?

Not always, but usually.  It seems related to how busy the system is,
but that could be my imagination.

It usually happens for a bunch of tests at the same time.

Not always is the output just cut short: some random characters
are inserted sometimes (in the individual log files, the consolidated
log file does not have those; it looks like pointers).
Hmm, there was a kernel bug a while back which had similar behavior. What kernel version are you running?

jeff