This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ubsan and Dejagnu not having a big enough buffer in some cases
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>,GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 08:04:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: ubsan and Dejagnu not having a big enough buffer in some cases
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+=Sn1ksu8xZ_tRrUNuYrqCgtKbnrveE9BYv+Pmv4SOVoxNb0w@mail.gmail.com>
On July 20, 2016 2:01:18 AM GMT+02:00, Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> wrote:
> I noticed that ubsan testsuite sometimes has failures due to dejagnu
>buffer gets full and we no longer match on the output any more.
>As you can see from the .log file:
>runtime error: value iPASS: c-c++-common/ubsan/float-cast-overflow-1.c
> -O0 execution test
>This looks like I am using a much bigger path name than what most
>people use which is why I am seeing it fail. Is there a way to
>increase the buffer for dejagnu/expect so dg-output matches? Looks
>like it is limited to 500k (if I read dejagnu code correctly).
>Or can/should we split up float-cast-overflow-1.c instead?
I see this for some of the larger C frontend tests with lots of expected errors/warnings as well.