Re: Should we import gnulib under gcc/ or at the top-level like libiberty?

On 07/10/2016 08:15 PM, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> Moving all gnutools to a single git/svn repository that can still be
> built piece-wise would help sharing gnulib and other useful libraries.
> If LLVM can do it, there is no reason why gnutools can't. And they
> have shown that it helps code reuse and modular design. All the manual
> syncing between gnu projects is a waste of time.

But LLVM does not keep everything in a single repository. In fact, it's quite
the opposite: they have a separate repo for Clang (the frontend, ~ gcc/c, cp,
...), for compiler-rt (~ libgcc), for libc++ (~ libstdc++).

All utilities (~ libiberty) live in the LLVM repo (include/llvm/ADT,
include/llvm/Support, lib/Support). Other projects, like LLDB, are checked out
into a subdirectory, and are always built from the combined tree.

--
Regards,
    Mikhail Maltsev