This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: what does -fno-pic do ?
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Yubin Ruan <ablacktshirt at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 17:49:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: what does -fno-pic do ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5782594D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10 July 2016 at 15:18, Yubin Ruan wrote:
> I am reading some OS kernel codes, and I find that in the Makefile used
> to build the kernel, there is a **-fno-pic** flag. I totally don't
> understand what that mean. I try to find some description from the man pages
> but can find no direct description about that flag(same for the **-fpic**
Please use the gcc-help list for questions like this, this list is for
discussion the development of gcc itself, not for questions about