This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecating basic asm in a function - What now?
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, David Wohlferd <dw at limegreensocks dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 14:44:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Deprecating basic asm in a function - What now?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <dc3ca16c-3521-757f-fcf0-50061f510f75@LimeGreenSocks.com> <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org> <57682A85.email@example.com> <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org> <57696C45.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1de3322f-a2aa-ce65-2404-2f6fd7974695@LimeGreenSocks.com> <CAH6eHdRxuYdq2PacvEWs5SS4yODuSwbLwfoaz3aOOKNqxMRXrw@mail.gmail.com>
On 04/07/16 14:43, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> It doesn't matter how much warning people have to fix such things,
> most of them won't do it. Then at the last minute some poor person has
> to spend days or weeks going through other people's code fixing all
> the problems...
...and breaking everything.