Re: [RFC][Draft patch] Introduce IntegerSanitizer in GCC.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:

Is community interested in such a tool?

On the one hand, it is clearly useful since you found bugs thanks to it.

On the other hand:

1) I hope we never reach the situation caused by Microsoft's infamous
warning C4146 (which is even an error if you enable "secure" mode),
where projects writing perfectly legal bignum code keep getting
misguided reports by users who see those warnings.

2) This kind of encourages people to keep using unsigned types for non-negative integers, whereas they would be better reserved to bignum and bitfields (sadly, the standards make it hard to avoid unsigned types...).

--
Marc Glisse