This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: frame pointer elimination
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Aurelien Buhrig <aurelien dot buhrig dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 12:15:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: frame pointer elimination
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <a29472d4-ccbe-d09a-4c9e-e3bb3fec7797 at gmail dot com> <1780439 dot 17DqMqHDWh at polaris> <debabe89-b7a4-e679-51eb-ac2660c9ef09 at gmail dot com>
> Ok, thanks for your reply. The 4.6 backend was testing if the hardware
> FP was live, and did some optimization whatever -fomit-frame-pointer or
> -fno-omit-frame-pointer. So it was not a valid optimization?
It was sort of a bug since -fno-omit-frame-pointer is in effect unless you
specify otherwise or the target defaults otherwise.