This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: frame pointer elimination
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Aurelien Buhrig <aurelien dot buhrig dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:01:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: frame pointer elimination
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <a29472d4-ccbe-d09a-4c9e-e3bb3fec7797 at gmail dot com>
> I'm porting a private backend from an old 4.6 branch to the 6.1.0
> release, and I have some troubles eliminating my frame pointer without
> -fomit-frame-pointer option.
> Elimination is correctly done with -fomit-frame-pointer.
If the target's default is -fno-omit-frame-pointer, then it's as expected.