Should we import gnulib under gcc/ or at the top-level like libiberty?

Hi,
I am working on importing gnulib library inside the gcc tree. Should the library be imported in the top level directory along with other libraries (like libiberty, libatomic, liboffloadmic etc), or should it be imported inside gcc/ like it is done in the binutils-gdb tree. There they have a gnulib directory inside gdb/ in the top level directory.Â

--
Thanks,
Ayush Goel