This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecating basic asm in a function - What now?
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: David Wohlferd <dw at limegreensocks dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:55:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: Deprecating basic asm in a function - What now?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <dc3ca16c-3521-757f-fcf0-50061f510f75 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CA+=Sn1=vKM2DYUrg40inMaKwejjC8YU3qs8iJPXn3+ok1trEQw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160620135028 dot GA22744 at gate dot crashing dot org>
On 20/06/16 14:50, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> If basic asm is deprecated, that means some time later it will be
> removed, at which time an asm without : can be used as extended asm
Not exactly: it'd be an asm with no inputs, no outputs, and no
clobbers i.e. no effects.