This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: _Bool and trap representations
- From: Alexander Cherepanov <ch3root at openwall dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 00:42:23 +0300
- Subject: Re: _Bool and trap representations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5757BCD9 dot 9070407 at openwall dot com> <57582D90 dot 1080000 at gmail dot com> <575F0328 dot 7070905 at openwall dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1606131947001 dot 21659 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <575F20C6 dot 4090309 at openwall dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1606132112180 dot 21659 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 2016-06-14 00:13, Joseph Myers wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
The problem is that parts of representations of two different ordinary values
can form a trap representation.
Oh, you're talking about normalizing the destination rather than the
source of the copy?
I don't see this problem with a current gcc so the problem is