This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: An issue with GCC 6.1.0's make install?
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Ethin Probst <harlydavidsen at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 10:02:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: An issue with GCC 6.1.0's make install?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJQtwF2OJ_wAt-yxkMnXfYn_SjHS54q7+4BYUk9Jzv_XsxgFbw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Ethin Probst <email@example.com> writes:
> Anyways, seeing as I didn't (and still do not) want to wait another 12
> hours for that to build, I compressed it into a .tar.bz2 archive,
> copied it over to another server, decompressed it, and here's when the
> problems start. Keep in mind that I did ensure that all files were
> compressed and extracted.
Does the other server have exactly the same development packages
> When I go into my build subdirectory build tree, and type "make
> install -s",
Why did you use -s? That makes your report useless.
Andreas Schwab, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."