This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Please, take '-Wmisleading-indentation' out of -Wall
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Patrick Palka <patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx>
- Cc: Antonio Diaz Diaz <antonio at gnu dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 19:06:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Please, take '-Wmisleading-indentation' out of -Wall
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <572A2029 dot 6030106 at gnu dot org> <CA+C-WL-zV_Ds3KFQt41eKyZgjhD8LhhO0jp+24zNFpxDRYBFvA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 01:01:09PM -0400, Patrick Palka wrote:
> I'm sad that this discussion died so soon without Antonio's points
> being adequately addressed.
But how do you want to address that? His point is that it does not belong
into -Wall, while there seems to be a wide agreement that it should be part
of -Wall, it found lots of real bugs in wide range of code, and for projects
that just want to use weirdo formatting styles they always have option to
opt-out, using -Wno-misleading-indentation.