This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Implicit conversion to a generic vector type
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: martin krastev <blu dot dark at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 14:04:31 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Implicit conversion to a generic vector type
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKPuMhMTMsSt=xNWrZS+FdByC5p0pAo=0B51_zTQ0_JrHq0nGQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1605260801200 dot 2019 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <CAKPuMhNsDLjDFM=7bPRssvkG=DHg39QXyE7BK7ZOywyHE7krkw at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1605261001380 dot 2019 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <CAKPuMhMbP4uVhLRypUYZyS_B0L+YkN_d1oKhQiVqyBWapnBPAA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Fri, 27 May 2016, martin krastev wrote:
A new arithmeticish type would take more effort, I understand. Marc,
are there plans to incorporate your patch, perhaps in an extended
form, in a release any time soon?
There is no plan either way. When someone is motivated enough (I am not,
currently), they will submit a patch to firstname.lastname@example.org, which
will be reviewed. Note that a patch needs to include testcases (see the
files in gcc/testsuite/g++.dg for examples). If you are interested, you
could give it a try...