Re: Implicit conversion to a generic vector type

On Thu, 26 May 2016, martin krastev wrote:

Thank you for the reply. So it's a known g++ issue with a candidate
patch. Looking at the patch, I was wondering, what precludes the
generic vector types form being proper arithmetic types?

In some cases vectors act like arithmetic types (operator+, etc), and in others they don't (conversions in general). We have scalarish_type_p for things that are scalars or vectors, we could add arithmeticish_type_p ;-)

(I think the name arithmetic comes directly from the standard, so we don't want to change its meaning)

--
Marc Glisse