This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
ROP and JOP attack protection
- From: "Roy Leblanc" <blanc at swissmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 19:50:56 +0200
- Subject: ROP and JOP attack protection
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Sensitivity: Normal
Does GCC's code generator at this point provide protection against ROP and JOP attacks? This can be achieved by carefully controlling what opcode bytes and immediate values are produced. It can also be achieved by rewriting assembler output as you see with the AntiJOP project.
More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return-oriented_programming