This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GNU C: Implicit int and implicit function definitions
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: lh mouse <lh_mouse at 126 dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 11:02:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: GNU C: Implicit int and implicit function definitions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2dd49b4d-0722-bbcd-0e0d-dd6eb690e43d at redhat dot com> <8ece086 dot 152397 dot 154cd497482 dot Coremail dot lh_mouse at 126 dot com>
On 05/20/2016 10:30 AM, lh mouse wrote:
Implicit function declarations result in warnings since C99 or GNU99 and '-pedantic-errors' turns them into errors.
The same goes for implicit return types.
The warnings typically do not stop the build, and thus are not really
helpful when you are looking at binaries.