This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GNU C: Implicit int and implicit function definitions
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 10:17:44 +0200
- Subject: GNU C: Implicit int and implicit function definitions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I just spend an hour hunting down someone else's GCC code generation
bug, when it turned out it was caused by an implicit function
definition, where the real return type was incompatible with int.
C99 got rid of implicit function definitions and implicit ints. Would
it be possible to remove them retroactively from the -std=gnu99 and
-std=gnu11 language variants (as well as -std=c99 and -std=c11), so that
they are rejected by default?