This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Mingw-w64 exception handling configuration
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, ktietz70 at googlemail dot com, dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 09:38:11 -0600
- Subject: Re: Mingw-w64 exception handling configuration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5734A0C4 dot 5070001 at codesourcery dot com>
On 05/12/2016 09:27 AM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
No clue. Your best bet would probably be to contact Kai. But I don't
have current contact information for him.
I see that the default EH behavior for a biarch mingw-w64 target GCC is
to use SJLJ for the 32-bit multilib and SEH for the 64-bit one, but that
there are #errors in cygming.h and mingw32.h that prevent you from
configuring a biarch build with --disable-sjlj-exceptions to use DWARF-2
and SEH, respectively. Is there a deep reason for this, or is this just
a case where nobody updated the configuration logic after SEH was
implemented? I understand that before that, you had to use SJLJ for
64-bit targets because the DWARF-2 support is restricted to 32-bit
targets, so it was completely reasonable to error out.
The reason I'm asking is, I have a third-party 32-bit library that was
built for DWARF-2 EH....