This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Mingw-w64 exception handling configuration
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>, <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 09:27:00 -0600
- Subject: Mingw-w64 exception handling configuration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I see that the default EH behavior for a biarch mingw-w64 target GCC is
to use SJLJ for the 32-bit multilib and SEH for the 64-bit one, but that
there are #errors in cygming.h and mingw32.h that prevent you from
configuring a biarch build with --disable-sjlj-exceptions to use DWARF-2
and SEH, respectively. Is there a deep reason for this, or is this just
a case where nobody updated the configuration logic after SEH was
implemented? I understand that before that, you had to use SJLJ for
64-bit targets because the DWARF-2 support is restricted to 32-bit
targets, so it was completely reasonable to error out.
The reason I'm asking is, I have a third-party 32-bit library that was
built for DWARF-2 EH....