Re: Re: Re: GCC 6.1 Hard-coded C++ header paths and relocation problem on Windows

I have a vision. It is gcc/gcc/incpath.c that the problem is in.
I had been looking through that file for a few days but eventually gave up.

It is worth mentioning that adding an '-iprefix /this/need/not/exist' vanishes the problem.
This might have something to do with the following line in incpath.c (it should be line #132 on gcc-6-branch at the moment):
```
  if (iprefix && (len = cpp_GCC_INCLUDE_DIR_len) != 0)
```
Still I have no idea about how relocated paths are pulled in.

I am looking forward to a patch for the relocation problem.

------------------
Best regards,
lh_mouse
2016-05-10

åääïBrett Neumeier <bneumeier@gmail.com>
åéææï2016-05-10 04:31
æääïlh_mouse
æéïJonathan Wakely,gcc
äéïRe: Re: GCC 6.1 Hard-coded C++ header paths and relocation problem on Windows

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 10:01 AM, lh_mouse <lh_mouse@126.com> wrote:
> Should I file a bug report then?
> We need some Linux testers, though not many people on Linux relocate compilers.

For what it's worth -- I encountered the same problem on a GNU/Linux
system. In my specific situation, I'm cross-compiling GCC using an
AMD64-to-mips64el cross-toolchain, and installing the resulting GCC in
a sysroot directory. When I try to use that GCC on a target device
where (of course) the sysroot directory becomes "/", the hard-coded
"/path/to/sysroot" from the host system is still used to find the C++
headers, resulting in the same ".../include/c++/6.1.1/cstdlib:75:25:
fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory" error message you
got.

Changing #include_next to #include in cstdlib and cmath fixed my
problem -- so, thank you very much for this discussion! It helped at
least one other person.

Please let me know if there's any other testing I can do to help.

Cheers,

Brett