Re: CppCoreGuidelines warnings

On 8 May 2016 at 02:10, Christopher Di Bella wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been tracking gcc-digest for a bit, but would like to be a little
> more involved in the development of gcc.
>
> I haven't been able to find anything about the CppCoreGuidelines in
> gcc -- I'm wondering if there's a warning system in the pipeline that
> I might have missed in the digest thread? If so, great, who do I need
> to contact about helping out?
>
> If not, I'd like to get a start on implementing a warning system for
> them. I'll create a branch, but I doubt it'll be ready for gcc 7.1's
> release.

Hi, I don't think anyone is working on that yet.

See https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html for some prerequisites to
contributing significant changes to GCC.

I don't know the status of the static analysis tool the Microsoft were
planning to release, which would do a lot of the checking. To
incorporate the checks into GCC would probably involve changes to both
the C++ front-end and the C++ library, but I would welcome such
changes.