Re: Bug maintenance

On 4/28/2016 12:23 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:35 AM, David Wohlferd <dw@limegreensocks.com> wrote:
As part of the work I've done on inline asm, I've been looking thru the bugs
for it.  There appear to be a number that have been fixed or overtaken by
events over the years, but the bug is still open.

Is closing some of these old bugs of any value?
Yes it is.  In fact this is how I got my start into GCC.

If so, how do I pursue this?
If you go through the bug reports and have a low rate of false
positives, I (and others) can get you permission to change the bug
reports (I started out with a bug report only account too).

I'll do my best. But it's not always clear what might trigger a debate. I swear to you, I never expected 24414 to blow up the way it did.

dw