This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at adacore dot com
- Cc: charlet at adacore dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, schwab at suse dot de
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:25:52 EDT
- Subject: Re: internal_reference_types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87mvol7bho dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <1521473 dot 68Xcl1KAmy at polaris> <20160425130438 dot A299733CA8 at vlsi1 dot gnat dot com> <32481934 dot CGy06GOnCn at polaris>
> Yes, the address space stuff is posterior, but the Pmode thing is verbatim.
Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry. I don't even remember what the other
option would be other than Pmode.
> REFERENCE_TYPEs and POINTER_TYPEs are (should be) treated almost equally in
> the compiler, the difference matters only for the debug info. We use the
> former much more now than we used to in gigi, because of the debug info.
Right. The transition to using REFERENCE_TYPEs more started back in my time.