This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at adacore dot com
- Cc: charlet at adacore dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, schwab at suse dot de
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 08:23:16 EDT
- Subject: Re: internal_reference_types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87mvol7bho dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <8289829 dot aYo1ADNgYo at polaris> <CAFiYyc0aCHCv6fTiLDo2-9X2Ug8YB4VLOodHV5r1imWPqCXPSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <2216664 dot iVvVce5Ahi at polaris>
> Only Richard K. might remember the details. Possibly for
> IA-64/HP-UX -milp32. In any case, having a different representation
> for pointers and references is a recipe for annoying issues like
> this, so removing the kludge is OK with me.
I don't think I added that. In fact, I'm not sure what the term
"address spaces' address_mode" means: I think that was added after I
stopped working on GCC. So I don't know either. Is it ever called?