This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Does gcc cilk plus support include offloading to graphics hardware?
- From: Hal Ashburner <hal at ashburner dot info>
- To: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 09:24:36 +1000
- Subject: Re: Does gcc cilk plus support include offloading to graphics hardware?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACCZV9Zpeyy7APrHnTV25rTFghT29UNYmwOVAT=43ABrB0azeQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADG=Z0FtYxUpkxBBtgPySJizRt__kD+Nm8Mjb4gHZkd0qNXo+Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
Thank you Ilya,
I now understand that gcc has full support for only the _language_
extensions of cilk plus. Perhaps the release notes might be updated to
Intel market #pragma offload(gfx) as a cilk plus feature. For example
slides 12-15 here:
On 20 April 2016 at 19:31, Ilya Verbin <email@example.com> wrote:
> 2016-04-20 4:01 GMT+03:00 Hal Ashburner <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>> Release notes say:
>> "Full support for Cilk Plus has been added to the GCC compiler. Cilk
>> Plus is an extension to the C and C++ languages to support data and
>> task parallelism."
>> gcc-5.2 (centos-7, devtoolset-4) says:
>> g++ -std=c++14 -Wall -O3 -march=native -fcilkplus vec_add.cpp -o vec_add
>> vec_add.cpp:6:0: warning: ignoring #pragma offload target [-Wunknown-pragmas]
>> #pragma offload target(gfx) pin(out, in1, in2 : length(n))
> "#pragma offload" is not a part of Cilk Plus , and it is not
> supported by GCC.
> However, GCC supports similar "#pragma omp target" for offloading to
> Intel Xeon Phi and other GPUs (Intel Graphics is not supported).
>  www.cilkplus.org/sites/default/files/open_specifications/Intel_Cilk_plus_lang_spec_1.2.htm
> -- Ilya