This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to check if two symbols are from same source unit during WPA ?
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Prathamesh Kulkarni <prathamesh dot kulkarni at linaro dot org>,"gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 19:11:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to check if two symbols are from same source unit during WPA ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAgBjMm++Cf+iKD+BBgXO7Bk2DZwPMra9+VXrf6pateujN4MGg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On April 12, 2016 3:47:19 PM GMT+02:00, Prathamesh Kulkarni <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>How to check if two symbols are from same source file during WPA ?
>Is symbol1->lto_file_data == symbol2->lto_file_data true if symbol1
>and symbol2 are from same
>source files ? Would that be a sufficient condition or do I need to
>check for something more ?
Why would you want to know? The proposed check would verify it comes from the same TU.