This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IF conversion bug with CC0
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: dgisselq at ieee dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 01:24:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: IF conversion bug with CC0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459801150 dot 1603 dot 51 dot camel at jericho> <5702EB7C dot 2090404 at redhat dot com> <1459810149 dot 1603 dot 59 dot camel at jericho>
> I took a quick look at Visium, and noticed arithmetic instructions in
> the .md file doing a lot of clobbering of the condition codes register.
> This doesn't seem very efficient, since it prevents the arithmetic
> instructions from being able to set the CC register and have that value
> be used.
See the define_subst patterns, they automatically compute the other form.