Re: How to identify the version of the LLVM AddressSanitizer integrated to GCC 4.9.3 and after

Hi.

On 31/03/16 12:52, Gayan Pathirage wrote:
Hi,

I find it difficult to locate the information regarding the version of
the sanitizers (i.e. LLVM Sanitizers) integrated with GCC 4.9.3. Could
anyone suggest me a location where I can find this information.

This is indeed difficult. AFAIK, there isn't any mapping between LLVM and GCC ASan releases, we just merge sanitizer library from upstream to GCC source tree from time to time. GCC wiki doesn't have a dedicated page for AddressSanitizer, so I suppose that the most appropriate method for discovering such an information is just looking into ASan source code.

My question is due to some of the run time flags defined in ASAN is
not recognized in GCC based binary (i.e. GCC 4.9.3). e.g.
ASAN_OPTIONS=help=1:halt_on_error=0

ASAN_OPTIONS=help=1 was introduced in GCC 5 and ASAN_OPTIONS=halt_on_error will be available in GCC 6.

Also what is the GCC policy behind updating LLVM sanitizers to their
latest version?

As I mentioned above, we merge sanitizer library from upstream to GCC source tree from time to time during the active development stage (stage 1, see https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html).

-Maxim

Rgds,