This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- From: <Paul_Koning at Dell dot com>
- To: <pmatos at linki dot tools>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:16:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <F3880EB7-70F6-475B-A6E6-363B50DD2AD4 at cs dot uni-saarland dot de> <56EBF87C dot 3040301 at linki dot tools> <CAH6eHdSCLX9FGxfx0VSn=mY5Fqm=yJk7AzKhWYnY2d=xsvhkgA at mail dot gmail dot com> <56EC329B dot 2000808 at linki dot tools>
> On Mar 18, 2016, at 12:53 PM, Paulo Matos <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 18/03/16 15:02, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> It's probably crashing because it's too large, so if you reduce it
>> then it won't crash.
> Would be curious to see what's the limit though, or if it depends on the
> machine he's running GCC on.
It presumably depends on the machine, or rather the resource limits currently in effect (ulimit etc.) But the expected outcome when a resource limit is exceeded is a clean error message saying so, not a crash.