This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrey Tarasevich <tarasevich at cs dot uni-saarland dot de>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:03:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <F3880EB7-70F6-475B-A6E6-363B50DD2AD4 at cs dot uni-saarland dot de>
On March 14, 2016 4:31:57 PM GMT+01:00, Andrey Tarasevich <email@example.com> wrote:
>I have a source file with 700k lines of code 99% of which are printf()
>statements. Compiling this test case crashes GCC 5.3.0 with
>Can such test case be considered valid or source files of size 35 MB
>are too much for a C compiler and it should crash? It crashes on Ubuntu
>14.04 64bit with 16GB of RAM.
It is supposed to compile fine with -O1 at least.