This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrey Tarasevich <tarasevich at cs dot uni-saarland dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:26:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <F3880EB7-70F6-475B-A6E6-363B50DD2AD4 at cs dot uni-saarland dot de>
On Mon, 2016-03-14 at 16:31 +0100, Andrey Tarasevich wrote:
> I have a source file with 700k lines of code 99% of which are
> printf() statements. Compiling this test case crashes GCC 5.3.0 with
> segmentation fault.
> Can such test case be considered valid
> or source files of size 35 MB are too much for a C compiler and it
> should crash? It crashes on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit with 16GB of RAM.
Please file a bug about this.