This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- From: Andrey Tarasevich <tarasevich at cs dot uni-saarland dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:31:57 +0100
- Subject: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a source file with 700k lines of code 99% of which are printf() statements. Compiling this test case crashes GCC 5.3.0 with segmentation fault.
Can such test case be considered valid or source files of size 35 MB are too much for a C compiler and it should crash? It crashes on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit with 16GB of RAM.