This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gimplefe] [gsoc16] Gimple Front End Project
- From: Prasad Ghangal <prasad dot ghangal at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, sandeep at gcc dot gnu dot org, Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at tbsaunde dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:13:37 +0530
- Subject: Re: [gimplefe] [gsoc16] Gimple Front End Project
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1457368435 dot 9813 dot 68 dot camel at redhat dot com> <20160308002418 dot GA13433 at ball> <56DEF2F1 dot 1080900 at gmail dot com> <A7AF86B3-A2D2-429B-99B0-BDA1F345251A at gmail dot com> <1457455668 dot 9813 dot 106 dot camel at redhat dot com> <CAESRpQA-TKoQ85X9jbE7VKnCpR4oiAnH4Dsnnxmxa03oZsUjLg at mail dot gmail dot com> <1457474387 dot 9813 dot 121 dot camel at redhat dot com> <CAD_=9DTscPNw3v00HiAUh6wE5=YN1x_46vV+4uAaox40DDi3=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160309025043 dot GD5343 at ball> <CAESRpQCwWDcTembu1ZRv25zAmi1ZdN4nFZpJWTiO4a4-Xc8AVA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160309234647 dot GA18130 at ball>
I would like to clear some doubts regarding project.
Basic goals in the project will be (please correct me if I am wrong):
1. Developing FE for C like gimple IR - basically by extending or
modifying C FE (I can see most are in favour of not including gimple-C
into c-family languages)
2. And adding a way to pass gimple into specific pass.
(I am not sure what Dave suggested i.e. to improve diagnostic would be
in the scope. Please correct me if I missed any)
This will be definitely very helpful for unit testing.
I have following queries:
1. Upto what level we want C like structure in gimple (we will have
to modify CFG, PHI nodes accordingly)
2. Do we have to develop new grammar for gimple-C ?
Thanks and Regards,