Re: [gimplefe] [gsoc16] Gimple Front End Project

I would like to clear some doubts regarding project.

Basic goals in the project will be (please correct me if I am wrong):
  1. Developing FE for C like gimple IR - basically by extending or
modifying C FE (I can see most are in favour of not including gimple-C
into c-family languages)
  2. And adding a way to pass gimple into specific pass.
(I am not sure what Dave suggested i.e. to improve diagnostic would be
in the scope. Please correct me if I missed any)

This will be definitely very helpful for unit testing.

I have following queries:
  1. Upto what level we want C like structure in gimple (we will have
to modify CFG, PHI nodes accordingly)
  2. Do we have to develop new grammar for gimple-C ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Prasad Ghangal