This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrapping is currently broken
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: vogt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 16:24:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bootstrapping is currently broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160307131235 dot GA15021 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 03/07/2016 02:12 PM, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> A recent patch has broken bootstrapping (s390x) in stage3. The
> failure creeped into trunk between friday and today:
> -- snip --
> g++ -std=gnu++98 -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -fno-PIE -no-pie -o build/gencondmd \
> build/gencondmd.o .././libiberty/libiberty.a
> g++: error: unrecognized command line option â-no-pieâ
> -- snip --
> (The compiler in PATH is "gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat
Bootstrap on s390x worked fine for me with r234017 from last night.
We usually have the daily build system for that but it is down after migrating to a new machine. I'm
working on it.