This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrapping is currently broken
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: vogt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 15:18:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bootstrapping is currently broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160307131235 dot GA15021 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <CAFiYyc31oL-WzHeE-K42h1b-VEA96j8p0sHqM1+Z6iYvMtwFUA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160307141202 dot GA23500 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Dominik Vogt <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 03:00:03PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Dominik Vogt <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > A recent patch has broken bootstrapping (s390x) in stage3. The
>> > failure creeped into trunk between friday and today:
>> > -- snip --
>> > g++ -std=gnu++98 -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -fno-PIE -no-pie -o build/gencondmd \
>> > build/gencondmd.o .././libiberty/libiberty.a
>> > g++: error: unrecognized command line option â-no-pieâ
>> > -- snip --
>> > (The compiler in PATH is "gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat
>> > 4.8.5-1)").
>> Bootstrap should use the built compiler from stage2 in stage3, not
>> sure how you get the system compiler used there.
> I guess some configure script failed to notice that g++ is not
> being built, and a recent change introduced an option that the
> installed compiler doesn't have? Probably configure should throw
> an error if bootstrapping is enabled but the c++ language is not
It is always enabled, are you sure it's not a pilot error?
> Dominik ^_^ ^_^
> Dominik Vogt
> IBM Germany