This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gimplefe] [gsoc16] Gimple Front End Project
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>,Prasad Ghangal <prasad dot ghangal at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>,sandeep at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 16:43:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [gimplefe] [gsoc16] Gimple Front End Project
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAE+uiWabe9W088+CaKh+8VgSdadk+pyt2C6QEbxgj=bQs=Nkdg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAE+uiWajGum8ccJer8E9w56KVm_VcM8jXB2atXSwpWeuYenFpg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAD_=9DSJBCdKtY+K2FDt5FS85hAue7MznyUX2Z4RUffOmuoDFA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On March 6, 2016 3:45:37 PM GMT+01:00, Diego Novillo <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Prasad Ghangal
>> On stackoverflow
>> they said GIMPLE FE project is dead. Please let me know if I can work
>> on it for gsoc.
>I stopped working on GIMPLE FE a long time ago. Even though I'm no
>longer doing any GCC work, this is still one project I would like to
>see completed. Unfortunately, I've been away for long enough that I
>would not be an effective mentor for this project.
>I'm sure you'll find enough interest in the GCC community. Several
>folks would be able to mentor you with this.
I'll be willing to mentor this. Though I'd rather have us starting from scratch and look at having a C-like input language, even piggy-backing on the C frontend maybe.