Re: GCC GSOC 2016

On 3 March 2016 at 16:12, Jose E. Marchesi <jose.marchesi@oracle.com> wrote:

>     > I am interested in contributing to gcc for the gsoc 2016.
>
>     Unfortunately, it seems GCC did not apply to participate in GSoC 2016
>     and the deadline passed already:
>     https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/?sp-search=GCC
>
>     It also seems we did not apply last year either (at least
>     https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode does not show any accepted
>     projects for 2015).
>
> As usual, GNU applied to participate in this year's GSOC and was
> accepted as a mentoring organization.
>
> GCC related projects can be performed under the umbrella of the GNU org,
> provided there are suitable mentors.
>
> Please see http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects.

This is good news! Sorry for talking out of my ass. This seems to have
changed in recent years.

I have added a blurb to our wiki explaining the new arrangement. Could
you add a link to https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode somewhere in
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects such that students can find
the project ideas for GCC?

Thanks,